I've only had two big birthdays that I can remember. I got my open water certification for scuba on my 20th birthday. Seriously. We dove for three days and on the third day, my birthday, we finished up our certification. To celebrate we went lobster hunting. It was opening day for lobster season too. It was an amazing experience and I would love to go again. I've just got to get Hubs certified and when the girls get older, them too.
My second big birthday was that I got married three days before my 21st. Hubs was my early birthday present that year. We were on our honeymoon on my actual birthday. I don't remember anything about 16, 18, or 25, so they must not have been too exciting. Either that, or I'm just getting old and my memory is failing already.
Well, I have a milestone birthday coming up this year. 30! And I want to do something, but I have no idea what. I would love to do something fun and adventurous, but I have two little problems with that. It has to be something that Hubs and I can do with Caitlin and Hayley. Particularly Hayley since she is nursing and HATES the bottle.
Things I've Thought About for My 30th:
- Whitewater Rafting - I've never been before. Can't really do that with a baby and toddler in tow.
- Travel to Europe - Plus there's the 2012 Olympics in London which would be really awesome to see. Not in the budget this year. I checked flight prices and $1800 per person is WAY too rich for my blood. And that was just the flights.
- Hiking/Camping - Doable, but not super awesome.
- Visit the Grand Canyon - I'm seriously thinking about this one. I've never been before. My birthday is in August though, so maybe we delay the trip until late September/early October?? But then what do I do on my birthday day?
- Scuba Diving - I have my open water certification. Hubs doesn't. And well, the kids can't do that.
- Disney World - I really want to take Caitlin. I know she'll flip. But that sounds more like a fun birthday for her than for me.
I need help. What did you do? What would you do?